Exactly one week ago (Saturday) I was drinking Arizona Iced Tea directly out of the bottle and after a swig, I felt like I had a lump in my throat. I figured that maybe I didn't peel off all of the paper seal, and that i accidently swallowed a piece. I tried not to panic, thinking it would pass, but after a few hours I still felt a lump in my throat.

The next day(Sunday), I woke up fine, and generally through the day I felt it occassionally but not too much. The following day (Monday), I got really worried and called in a visit to my physician, but he wasn't in that day, and they said the nurse practictioner isn't able to see me. I went to the ER. The doctor looked down my throat and said she didn't see anything, they gave me an X-ray of my throat and chest, but they both came back with nothing. The doctor said it's probably just inflamed, and she prescribed Magic Mouthwash for the pain.

Tuesday I still had the same pain, and the only thing the Magic Mouthwash did was make my mouth and throat numb for 20min, and ironically made the lump in my throat feel even worse. The lump feeling remained the same, but I started to get sharp pains and tightness in my chest and shoulders.

On Wednesday I met with my physician and told him everything and he refered me to an ENT. Wednesday night the lump in my throat was feeling the same/ a little worse. When I'd talk, I'd randomly feel whatever is in my throat coming up and choking me. I wasn't actually choking, but for a second I'd have to gasp and swallow to be able to breath/talk.

Thursday I visited the ENT first thing in the morning and he did an Endoscopy(he stuck a camera up my nose and down my throat). It was a little uncomfortable. He said he didn't see anything in my throat, but he did notice it was a little inflamed. He put me on a bland diet and said it should heal in the next few days, if not see him again. The rest of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday(today). I feel the same, I've been eating blandly, using the mouthwash, and I still feel completely the same: Lump it throat, Chest pain, Pain in shoulders.

Some additional information is that when cough and swallow, I can feel whatever is in my throat moving. It moves up and down, almost to the point where I could be able to grab it, but it's still too far. When I wake up in the morning, I can't feel it in my throat, it usually takes 1-2 hours before I start to feel it, then it just gets worse as the day goes on. When I eat it seems to relieve the pain. When I cough, i smell the odor of like something rotting in mouth(sorta like when you don't floss for a few days and then you floss out some old piece of food or something and it smells weird).

I know the ENT doctor didn't see anything, but I had the Endoscopy done the 1st thing in the morning, when I wasn't feeling the pain... maybe it wasn't where he was looking then?

Sorry for the long post, I'm very concerned about this and I feel that somehow there might be actually something in my throat. If you know anything or have any suggestions, please let me know!

-Sincerely, John.

hey i got the same what happened in the end i no its been a yeah im getting well annoyed and panicking cheers !

you have described all of my symptoms perfectly, what happened? What was it? 

i hope you repy!

This post is completely USELESS if you dont follow up with what it turned out to be! thanks for nothing eh? :(

what happened next?

I'm going through the exact same thing I'm not having the shoulder pain, just the chest pain.

This is EXACTLY how I have been! I am hoping when I see and ENT they will be able to do something cause the ER wasn't much help! What happen to you?