The last 4-5 weeks I've been having some weird symptoms.
It started off with major heaviness in the head.
- Then tightness in the throat for a week
- Those symptoms persisted
Doctor thinks its sinus issues, as I had a sinus CT, and showed mild maxillary sinus congestion. Put me on Doxy-100, now Rulide.
Now 4 weeks down the track
The symptoms I have are
Still head pressure! Its almost constant! for the last month and abit, from the front of the nose to all around my head.
I am now getting slight numbess in my cheek, that shifts from the left cheek to the right
Also i am getting random tingly feelings around my body.
the tightness in the throat has mostly gone.
Tests I've done- CT on lungs, for blood clots... Blood test, Sinus CT
Currently - Diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis for 2 years, On Mezevant, Imuran, Prednisone Enemas & prednisone tablets when needed
Have you told your doctor about that numbness and tingling?
I would also suspect on problem with sinuses. Are CT results ok?
No i have not the tingling goes and comes, now its not there and the lung ct was fine! sinus ct showed mild congestion in the maxillary sinus today it feels a little like im being pulled back when i stand up... Its worse when im up right, but when im lying down i feel better!!!! :S so confused
I'm sure it's just problem with sinuses. Don't worry :) Ask you doctor to prescribe you some nasal decongestants. Also, try some natural remedies for sinuses.
I've been using FESS for the last 2 weeks, still feel the same! But I really do hope so, because im really scared! lol thanks for the reply
if you got any other suggestions, that'd help!!
Ok, here are few:
1. Sinuses like cooler and humid environment, so don't crank up the heat (rather wear sweater or warm clothes in cooler house).
2. Drink a lot of fluids
3. Cigarette smoke, cleaning products, hairspray, and other materials can all make your sinus problems worse, so try to avoid them
4. Boil some water in a kettle until it steams. Pour it into a cup or a bowl. Cover your face and head with a tower and inhale and exhale steam vapor through your nose.
5. Put a warm, wet towel on your face. It might help relieve some of the pressure
Please consider the possibility that it is mind driven. With mind driven I mean it is a physical outing of your mind in distress from (un)conscious anxiety, anger or guilt. Heavy head, tightness of the throat, numbness and tingling are often seen symptoms from a mind and therefore body that is extremely stressed. If you want to know more, search for TMS or mindbody symptoms.