Hello! Can somebody help me with some good advice whether I should see a doc or not for this throat swelling I have in last couple of days? I think my tonsils are red and swollen actually and my lymph glands are so big and I could practically see some little white patches covering my tonsils and the thing is I can't move for I have high fever the whole day and this throat swelling really is hurting me-so actually I would like to hear if there is any good remedy home made that could help me treat this throat swallowing right away? Thanks!

Those home remedy for treating throat swallowing are usually very effective but only as prevention so I think it is maybe too late now for some throat inflamed remedy-for it is obvious you have some throat infection that if it is caused by some bacteria than some meds are needed-usually throat infections are caused by some virus and no treatment is needed if so but when it is caused by some streptococcus -which is rarely but it also happens especially when it comes to high fever just like in your case-than it could only be treated effectively with some antibiotics such as penicillin or amoxicillin and keep in mind if you start taking antibiotics you would feel throat swallowing symptoms are reducing very fast but you still should keep taking antibiotics the whole dose you get. And of course there are many home remedies that could be of help but when you have throat swelling problem like you described they won't help much but still won't hurt-so it is always better having some lemon juice or hot tea with honey-I love drinking this and I bet it is perfect for throat especially when it is about to get inflamed.