I had a gastric bypass 11 years ago, and have had a feeding tube many years ago, because I was unable to eat. This was taken out about 4 years ago. For the past year, I can't keep any food down, no matter what it is, without throwing up gobs of mucus two or three times after eating just a little bit. My stomach will only hold about 2 oz of food, and I adhere to this, but the results are the same. :-( Please come up with something, as I am on 3 different medications for my stomach: Reglan, Zofran, and one other that has done nothing for me. I take suppositories for nausea occasionally. I live in an assited living, and I am 47 years old. Please help!!!!!

wow that is unfortunate 47 and in assisted living home i feel for you. i am a medical student and i can tell u that i cannot diagnose i am not a doctor but here is some advice: 1st thing is that u had a feeding tube for quite some time this even though u were getting adequate meals through it will tend to shrink the stomach try to eat smaller meals during the day about 6 to 7 and avoid drinking lots of fluids with the meals u may be filling up on liquids during meals also stick to water during a meal drink whatever u want after your meals then also i would see a specialist for gastrointestional ( stomach doctor) it could be acid reflux or thyroid problem. suppositories are good for nausea because ur getting the meds not puking them up honestly. i wouldnt suggest not taking the meds but talk to ur doctor explain what is happening throughly leave out nothing including what u do in free time ie smoke or drink and all history explain in detail ur situation if its easier keep a journal of problems and symptoms to give to ur doctor if u would feel more comfortable. They can only help u if u help them by giving full information about u and ur problem don't worry they can get to the bottom of it eventually. also i would try talking to the specialist because not only could it be reflux or thyroid it could be many many other things it is imperative u do this soon though it could be serious.... and also a little bit of sympathy to u i worked at an assisted living home and i will tell u i will never be put in one of those places (why don't u look into home health care u could be at home and still getting care the person could even be a nurse aide or nurse u know that may be a friend u wouldnt have to pay as much money for such shitty care ) i thought the girls worked with where just there for the pay check not the people ( me on the other hand finished my care of residents quickly so i could go to rooms and spend time one on one talking with them sometimes for hours i also spent time with their families like that and helped one resident reform her relationship with her daughter) so i am sorry about ur condition and wish i could help but can only give some suggestions! If u are in one in ohio i would be able to care for u i am a CNA (certified nurse aide) and a Pht (pharmacy tech) and i am going for my BSRN ( bach. in science registered nurse) i have been in love with caring for people for 9 years ( the amount of time ive been in the health care field and i am only 25) good luck to you and lots of warm wishes!

My mom also had gastric bypass about 6 years ago. We all call her bulimic because she's always throwing up phlegm. It cannot be healthy. She asked her doctor about it and he said it was due to the surgery (no surprise there). He said about 43% of gastric bypass people experience this, and they will have it for life. The doctor was not much help, however my mom has noticed that special foods can go through without her puking phlegm. She has an ongoing list,
*if she eats to fast she'll throw up (eat slower)
*if the food is too dry she'll throw up (try putting broth in everything)
*if she drinks after she eats she'll throw up (drink before eating)
*if she eats too much she'll throw up (obviously eat smaller portion)

I hope this helps .