I'm very worried about my brother. Today i saw him puke up his entire dinner. He's 16. I helped him out then told him that i was concerned and he told me that he has been puking up 2-5 times a week since summer and it is now Winter. He has a very bitchy high maintance girlfriend plus the stress of being a teenager, so it's possible this is stress related. He pukes at random, never a certain point of the day or anything physical that triggers it. He feels a slight bit of nausia before puking but after he is completely fine and he has never threw up blood. I am just concerned that this may be a begining sign of something extremly serious and i want to get him help without worrying my parents and such. Please help me to help my brother.

There are numerous causes of nausea and vomiting. His symptoms may be due to the: acute gastritis, central causes (signals from the brain), association with other illnesses remote from the stomach, medications and medical treatments, mechanical obstruction of the bowel. So he should be examined by a specialist. You may be right about his relationship issues, stress could be the cause as well. But vomiting for six months should be taken seriously. He doesn't want to develop bulimia. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control such as vomiting, fasting, enemas, excessive use of laxatives and diuretics, or compulsive exercising.

well. i do not think it's belima or it will become beliemia because he sais that he never wanted to throw up and he never made himself throw up. Again i just found out about this the night i made the post and he told me it has been 6months which is REALLY concerning to me since every website i have been on sais if he has these symptoms he should see a doctor within the week. He has a huge appitite and eats all the time, but its mostly junk food, however he has 2good home meals a day. Please if you have any advice. Mostly he's to embarrassed to see a doctor or tell anyone because he does not feel like his symptoms mean anything. That is why im on the internet searching and making sure that vomitting at random and feeling fine afterwords and only a tad naucious before is not something that is the begining of a serious deadly condition. Please i appreciate all the help i can get.

Just to follow up to April's post, frequent vomiting is a serious health issue.

The lining of the esophaugus was not meant to be exposed to the contents of the stomach. It can erode the lining of the esophaugus similar to Gastric Reflux and increases the risk of esophageal cancer long term.

It can also erode the enamel on his teeth and lead to gum problems.

Please have him see his doctor. Stress or not, this is not normal and needs to be evaluated.