About three weeks ago, I had my gall bladder removed laprpscopically. About two weeks after surgery, I started burping everytime I eat or drink something. The burping isn't painful, just annoying and embarrassing. It lasts for hours. I experimented and didn't eat or drink anything for most of a day and didn't experience any burping. I called my doctor but he doesn't have an available appointment for almost a month. Any idea what the problem may be? I'm starting to get a little concerned. About a year ago I had gastric bypass, but didn't have any problems with that. I don't know if the two could possibly be related. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey,
I actually burp to a lot. I had it out like a month ago. I use to hick up a lot also not its changed to burps. its annoying but i guess ive avoided drinking like sodas and gassy things. That helps.
Good luck

My Husband had his gallbladder removed on Tuesday, January 8th, 2008.
I took him home that day in pain, and the pain got worse and worse and he got sicker and sicker. I had to call an ambulance on Thursday night and have him taken back to the hospital. They ran test and while they tried to get his pain under control which was almost impossible they found out his liver was leaking bile into his stomach. He had gastric bypass surgery 1 year ago so the procedure they were going to use (ERCP) I think! They could not do.
So they went in the old fashioned way and put a tube into his liver and now the bile drains into a bulb outside his body, until hopefully the liver heals its self. The Doctors say that the ducts that are leaking are as small as hairs and very hard to find which ones are leaking. They even tried some kind of glue to stop the leaking. They now are sending him home once again as they say there is nothing more they can do for him, it's a wait and see if the liver heals itself! If the liver does not heal than they have found 1 doctor in Irvine that can do an ERCP around gastric bypass surgery. But then after reading the side effects of ERCP, I am not sure what the answer is.
If any one has any ideas, suggestions etc, please let me know.
He is having stomach pain, lots of gas and pain in his upper left collar bone, along with the drainage. He has problems with bowel movements and can not sit up straight in a chair or car. He also had a hernia fixed at the same time, but that seems to be doing well.
Thank you for your help.

i am 50 years old just under went a cardiac bypass on the 1st of october
i got jaw pain and continuous burping...due to burping i have a very uneasy feeling...

After my surgery 3 mths ago I had a T-Tube installed in the Common Bile Duct to redirect Liver Bile for 6 days which drained into a bag. I only have issues with my appetite (lost 30 lbs) and burping every 30 mins.

I have experienced this too. Gastric bypass and then gall bladder removal. Then the burping began.... Have you gotten any answers?

My father had his gall bladder removed. He now burps immediately after he drinks or eats anything. I mean IMMEDIATELY.  I dont recommend this for anyone.  He now lives with bloating and constant burping. 

Has he tried oxbile when eating .. I used 500 mg of ox bile and it helps tremendously with digestion

I'm on my 5th day after surgery and i'm burping a lot,rather i eat or not !!! Plus experience acid reflex !! Is this normal and will it go ?

I have the same problem. My Doctor told me it was the gas and bile that the liver produces. With gallbladder gone the acid will come up. It also changed my voice. He gave me a script for pepcid 20 mg. Take one tablet twice a day. I did and it feels so much better. I hope this helps you too.

Hi
I am 39 years old man and I am burping too much since from 2 yrs. I gone for endoscopy test. Doctor said everything is OK and he just given gas tablets and musk powder.
One day morning after wake I did green colour ovamate. Can u Pls suggest me what test should I go. Thank you