Hi, I suffer from nail fungus, and I’m still looking for a medication that will help me. I heard that Vicks VapoRub helps because of some supplement called thymol. Is it true?

I heard that thymol is used in bookbinding, for killing the fungal spores. Since thymol is suplement of Vicks VaporRub, I don’t see why couldn’t it be used for treating nail fungus. However, there are special medications and creams used for nail fungus, and I don’t think that cough reliever like Vicks VapoRub can be more affective for this condition. Fungi are microscopic organism, and I think that only some of them cause nail infections. Dermatophytes is fungi that most common causes this condition. However, yeasts and molds can also be a cause, and thymol doesn’t treat all of them. If I were you, I would put away Vicks VapoRub until I have I cough, and for nail fungus I would take lamisil, diflucan or some cream medicine. Some of those medicines will probably help you.