My best friend has a cat and ever since I was in her house one week ago, I have noticed some changes on my skin. It seems like I have some infection on skin that is very itchy and circular shape. I know that I should go to my doctor but before that, can someone tell me what if wrong with me?

I can not diagnose you without first examining you, so you need to go to your doctor. It is obvious that you have a problem. Based on your symptoms that you have given me, there is a possibility that you have a Ringworm infection. This is a fungus infection of the scalp or skin that is caused by mold-like fungi called dermatophytes. As the ringworm spreads, the center area clears and appears normal. Ringworms can be transmitted from animals to humans and from humans to humans. These infections can become chronic if left untreated. You will be infectious as long as that fungus remains present in the skin lesion. This is also one of the reasons why you need to go to your doctor. The treatment involves fungicidal material in for of the tablets or powder. I am sure that you will be ok.

my friend had a red thing on her arm and i thought it was a bruise so i touched it lightly and asked her what happened. then i heard someone say "dont touch it thats ringworm!" im so scared that im going to get it! can someone pleaaaaase tell me if ringworm ALWAYS spreads. i only touched it lightly! is it highly contagious? let me know please. im kind of FREAKING OUT!