Hello. I've been having toenail fungus for almost 6 months now. I've noticed changes in January particularly in thickness. My GP confirmed it was fungus and he told me to use Vicks VapoRub. I've been applying it for 2 months but it didn't work. I've heard about laser treatment, but I'm not comfortable with it. Do you know any cosmetic treatments for toenail fungus? Something that really works? Thank you!

Hello. Unfortunately, toenail fungus can't be treated with cosmetic products, yet with medications. Infections of the nail plate are treated with anti-fungal medication. However, if an infection of the nail is deep-seated, you will also have to take oral medication, such as fluconazole, itraconazole and terbinafine.  They require shorter courses of treatment and they cause fewer side effects. Treatmeent of fungal infections of the toenail typically require at least 3 months, and in some patients even 6 months. Laser treatment is also one of the solutions, but medications work as well. So, you should see your GP to discuss the different options of treatment. Take care!