Hi. I'm 45 year old male and about two months ago I started to feel symptoms that lasted till now.
First I started to experience night sweats and weight loss.
I dint know what could cause this but I didn’t pay too much attention on it.
All this was accompanied with strong cough, chest pain and loss of appetite. I contacted my GP and after some testing like sputum culture and serum coccidioides complement fixation titer.
Final diagnosis was Coccidiomycosis. He didn’t tell me anything about the disease it self. He just prescribed me some antibiotic called amphotericin B. What kind of disease this is?

I think I could help you because I have heard something about it last year when my brother was diagnosed with it.
Coccidiomycosis is a disease caused by the spores of the fungus, Coccidioides immitis.
I believe you are suffering from chronic type of this disease because acute pulmonary Coccidiomycosis is almost always mild, with few or no symptoms, and resolves without treatment.
Beside your symptoms there are some other which can occur like wheezing, sweating, excessive, change in mental status and sensitivity to light.
You mentioned that you got some antibiotic for it. I don’t know why is that because the disease almost always goes away without treatment but I'm guessing that target was flu-like symptoms until fever disappears.
Good luck with your treatment!

what you have been given is a very strong antifungal medicine with very serious side effects. make sure you research what you are taking. there is no cure for coccidiomycosis or valley fever and the antifungal medicine only helps control the fungus. I doesn't sound like you have researched this very well. most people get this and have no symtoms but the ones that do have a life long battle and some even die. my husband has it and it is destroying out lives.