Recently I noticed some changes on my skin. I went to my doctor and he diagnosed me with Ringworms. He told me basic information about this condition but I would like if someone could tell me more. What are the ways of transmitting this infection?

A Ringworm is a fungus infection of the scalp or skin and it is caused by mold-like fungi called dermatophytes. These fungi live on the dead tissues on the skin. Also, they live on any structures that grow from the skin, such as hair or nails. This is not a "worm" infection, don’t let the name confuse you. The symptoms for skin ringworm are an itchy, burning rash that is circular in shape and the skin can also be dry and scaly. Ringworms can be transmitted from dogs and cats to humans. They can also be transmitted from humans to humans by direct contact with an infected person or animal. These infections can linger on and become chronic if they are not treated. Also, Ringworm infection does not create lasting immunity and a person can be repeatedly infected by the same type of fungus. Treatment of this infection involves a fungicidal material to swallow as tablets or powders that need be applied directly to the affected areas.