My mom has a toenail fungus from a nail salon instrument, we went to the podiatrist and he gave her a topical medicine and a prescription for Lamisil. She had to get blood tests done to make sure her liver values were ok etc. which seems crazy to me to take a medicine that could potentially really damage your liver??? I read some other posts that said to soak your foot in Listerine and also to apply "tea tree essential oil"...Does anyone have any specific advice or experience regarding any of the three: Lamisil, Listerine or tea tree oil? Also, approximately how long should we try one or both of options above before we will notice that there is a change and that the remedy is going to work? Thanks alot for ANY info!

My podiatrist told me about Unguistat. Its a solution, so you don't have to take pills. Also, they are so hard on the liver, I did not want to take that. This stuff has really helped me.

Tea-tree oil is very effective for toe nail fungus; doctors even claim that if patients can use 100% tea tree oil then their toenail Fungus will then be blown away. Actually tea tree oil is found in Australia which has antimicrobial properties which is very effective for curing toe nail fungus. But its major problem is it takes much time to cure infection.

But, if you have decided to use tea tree oil then you should apply this on the specific infected tissue area and on the nail’s surface. You should use tea tree soap and shampoo as well with tea tree oil for extra benefits. Be conscious about the dryness of your feet after washing it. After all, “prevention is better than cure”.

All the best!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Just go for tea tree oil. You can also try listerine with white vinegar. They both works but really slow and I'd rather use them because I don't want to take risk damaging my liver by taking oral medicines.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use