Thyroid problems run in my family. I haven’t had any problems until I started taking effexor. I was prescribed this drug to treat my prolonged anxiety problems. I didn’t say anything to my doc about the thyroid history but I will next week as my hair started to fall out. My mother had the same problem until she regulated her thyroid hormones. I just wanted to check if the hair fall could be just a bad side effect of effexor or is this a common thyroid problem?

I reckon both. I am also of effexor and I don’t have any thyroid problems but I do know that this drug may affect thyroid and cause both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Are you experiencing any weight changes? I reckon you should phone your doc if you can’t see him earlier and see what you should do about the drug. Maybe you shouldn’t have taken it in the first place.