I heard that thyroid hormones normally have to be given to people after they suffered from thyroid cancer, for the rest of their lives. This is presumably because the thyroid is actually removed during the treatment for thyroid cancer? Please tell me more about how this works, and what treatment is actually administered!

One oroxine pill a day replaces the hormones that were produced by your thoride, I have now had my thoride totally removed because it was growing down into my chest, not cancerous or anything, but was crushing my wind pipe and causing shortness of breath.  I have had no side effects such as hair loss or weight loss or gain, and feel perfectly fit, doing twenty pushups, touch toes and squats without any problems. I have found you just have positive attitude that you can do what you used to do and do it as though you never had the op.  Have a good day, keep smiling