Hey there everyone.

Three days ago , I adopted one little cat. I found her on the street, some kids were attacking her, and they wanted to hit her.

I was so mad and furious, I really was mad at them.

She was so scared, it was really traumatic experience for her.

She was sleeping with me, in my bed, on my pillow. She is so beautiful, she has those beautiful eyes.  

I am planning to take her to the vet, especially because I notice some weird symptoms.

I was googling, and I think that this kitty can have hypothyroidism.Can you tell me what are signs and symptoms of it? 

What made you think that the cat has hypothyroidism? It’s pretty rare and not so easy to diagnose. What symptoms have you noticed? 

I really hope you’re wrong cause I know a girl who has a cat with hypothyroidism and she told me this disorder can lead to many complications. Her cat’s main symptoms were weight gain and hair loss. That’s when she took her to the vet. She did some tests and told her they’re dealing with hypothyroidism. 

Anyway. I think you should take the cat to the vet and let him/her examine it. That’s the only way to know. 

It will be very hard for the vet  cause you have found the cat on the street and hypothyroidism diagnosis requires a complete medical history and complete physical examination. If it was your cat, you would need to provide him/her with a complete history of your cat's health leading up to the onset of symptoms. Since that’s impossible, I’m curious about what the vet’s gonna do.

You asked about the signs and symptoms, so here they are:  lethargy, weight gain, inactivity, hair matting, loss of hair (alopecia), mental dullness, delayed teeth eruption, weakness, unkempt appearance,  low body temperature,  constipation and so on.

Um. I have to say that this does not make any sense, because it is not something that is so easy to diagnose. Some tests must be done! You can’t just find some symptoms on the internet, without visiting the vet, and thinking that she is having hypothyroidism.

What are the symptoms?Because, symptoms of hypothyroidism may come really slowly, they can’t show up over the night.

Cat’s symptoms include dull, dry coat, etc?

Does your cat have those symptoms?

I mean, it is hard for vet to tell and diagnose this, you can’t just diagnose it alone :/ 

Tell us symptoms....

@Millie-Cat I couldn’t agree more. 

You see, that’s the thing with the internet- people look up their symptoms (or in this case, their pet’s symptoms) online and then they freak out when they see what came up to the first page.  And their condition usually ends up having noting to do with it. 

So,  @ Love-is-pet easy there. As I said, I’d love to see you wrong on this one cause hypothyroidism is such a brag. 

Rubylock mentioned pretty much all of the symptoms I’m familiar with, even more. I had no idea that low body temperature is also one of them..

Hey everyone, Although it's not a disease that happens often, I happen to have some experience with it since my cat has this disease. It’s not so scary when you get used to it. It’s not even dangerous unless you never notice she has it. My cat started gaining weight fast even though I didn’t change her diet. She didn’t lose her fur, but it kind of got dry, it shed easily and seemed dirty on first sight. I took her to the vet, he thought it was hypothyroidism but he did some blood tests anyway and they proved he was right. My cat is getting oral thyroid hormone replacement every day, and she will continue to do that for the rest of her life. But at least she’s fine now.

Hello. It is really nice that you gave this cat chance to live. I think that others already told you, but there are so many clinical causes of hypothyroidism in cats. Some of those signs are weight gain, flaky hair coat, lethargy, weight gain, obesity, hair loss, unkempt hair coat. Diagnosis of this disease in cats is very typically based on measurement of thyroid hormones. So, according to this, low T4 levels can be suggestive of hypothyroidism. That means, if your cat is sick, you should note the T4 levels. They can be really low and this can be the main cause. About the signs, I can see that our friends told you about this already. 

Hello there.

Ugly, but very ugly stage.
The symptoms of hypothyroidism in cats are very similar to those in humans, with the same condition. One of the first sign of hypothyroidism in cats is much unexplained weight gain. If you notice that your cat suddenly begins to gain weight, even if she is eating the same, this can be caused by hypothyroidism.
Also, if you see some changes in texture of the animal’s coat, if the coat is dry, weird, etc, it can be caused by this as well.

General, you can see that your cat is looking unhealthy.

Good luck!