Hi, if person ha sudden confusion, balance disorder, unclear speaking and impaired vision, does that mean that there is TIA going on? What is a TIA exactly?

Hello there. I would like to say that TIA is a warning for some other attacks. All the people that I do know had TIA  and that I know had a heart attack later, it doesn't matter has this happened a couple of months after or a year. So, if you are about having a TIA, you should call emergency room immediately. Tell me, are you a women? Because those symptoms are classical mini strokes symptoms in women, but maybe I am making a mistake. But whatever you are, those symptoms you can't ignore. TIA is a mini stroke, not strong like heart attack, but strong enough to lead to something more dangerous. 

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is happening for a short time, leaving no permanent consequences compared t stroke. TIA is a temporary loss in brain function when the brain does not get enough blood for a short time. It is called mini-stroke. If it is left untreated, chances to get a stroke are high, since about 1 in 3 people who have a TIA will have a stroke within next 5 years. As result of damaging of arteies inbrain due to atherosclerosis they narow and lose their elasticity. Plaques are formed on artery walls and if they detach they can block some smaller artery and induce death of surrounding tissue.