Hi, I believe that my grandfather had a mini-stroke. He has migraine whole day, and in the evening he loss of clear mind for a few seconds and impaired vision after the attack. Was it a mini-stroke?

Hi, mini-strokes are seen in people who may later experience a real, devastating stroke. So now your grandfather gets chance to be more precautious and prevent any unpleasant act to happen. A transient ischemic attack (TIA), or mini-stroke, happens in cases of poor the supply of oxygen in area of the brain. Effects are not permanent and the symptoms of a transient ischemic attack last less than 24 hours and usually for a few minutes or even seconds. Other risk factors for stroke are: high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, cigarette smoking, obesity, and a family history of stroke or heart disease.