I was only 20 yrs old when I felt an enormous rush of blood coming towards my face especially my eyes and back of neck while laying on the bed. This happened after I was worrying about some issue for a couple of days nonstop. After that I started having trouble in spelling letters like "p" and "g". Also I would have trouble making eye contact with people as my eyes were so tensed. In addition I started to feel a loss of coordination when I walk especially in front of crowds. I went to the university counselor back then and he said it was anxiety attack. I took some anti-depressand and it actually worked perfect. Five years later, which is now, I educated myself about anxiety attacks and it doesn't seem like all the symptoms I suffered are caused by anxiety attacks. Just recently I read about TIA or mini-stroke which can cause the symptoms I suffered. Is it possible that I had TIA at that young age? How can I check whether I had one? Should I even check or just forget about it?

I seriously doubt you had a transient ischemic attack (TIA) at the age of 20. Did or do you have high blood pressure? Heart disease (especially atrial fibrillation), migraines? Do you smoke, have hypercholesterolemia, or diabetes mellitus? These are a few of the things that, usually in combination, might be involved in the precipitation of a TIA.

I am not aware of a test that can definitively determine if you had a TIA. If your health has been fine since then, I wouldn't worry about it. Keep eating right, exercising regularly, and maintain a positive attitude toward life. You'll be just fine. :)

Hello. All of those factors that you have written up there can cause a heart attack. Mini strokes symptoms in women are different than symptoms in men. Doctors can easily tell what you were dealing with. They can tell was this mini stroke or not. You can choose between CT scan and MRI and you will definitely know what happened to you.  Also, you can recognize symptoms of mini stroke, even that though it is true that most of the people are not able to make a difference between it.  Some of the symptoms are numbness, weakness in your arms, legs, etc, confusion, problems with your sight, headaches, etc. Those all are the symptoms that are worthy of your attention and you should consult your doctor about them.