Hi. My mom recently experienced some numbness of face which made me extremely worried. She keeps telling me that everything is OK and that she feels fine, but I’m afraid that she had transient ischemic attack. She is generally of a good health and that probably one more reason for her to believe that was nothing serious. I really can’t persuade her to visit the doc. Am I right to be worried??? Can you please tell me is it possible that I’m right?? Is there a way I could force her to visit the doc?? Thanks a lot!!!

I know how eldery people sometimes react on symptoms like that. But, what you’ve described is really serious, especially if it happened more than once. Sign you’ve mentioned is surely one of signs of a stroke or "brain attack”. Therefore, be sure to take her to doctor. If she doesn’t agree to go, than I suggest you calling 911. Also, you can use this post - show it to her and maybe then she will realize severity of the problem. Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body, confusion, trouble speaking or understanding, trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination or sudden severe headache with no known cause are all symptoms of stroke and you should immediately call a doctor or 911!!!! I really hope she’ll agree.