Hey guys. So I was reading this topic about Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) and my friend called me telling me that his wife just now had Transient Ischaemic Attack. He is so stressed because of it and I understand him. I told him what we wrote in here and how he should react in this situation. But still I don't know what are the main causes of Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA). Is there anyway to prevent it, and if you can - what is the best way. I think that everyone who is having unhealthy heart can have problems like this.

Good day there. I agree with you, I think that a lot of people doesn’t have a clue what this is. There are several causes, but the underlying cause of a TIA often is a buildup of cholesterol-containing fatty deposits called plaques in the artery or one of its branches that supplies oxygen and nutrients to your brain. In that case, plaques can decrease the blood flow through an artery or lead to the development of a clot. A blood clot is moving to an artery that supplies your brain from another part of your body, most commonly from your heart, also may cause a TIA.

Hello there everyone. I want to tell you something that I know about this issue. I think that everyone who have problems with their hearts are at the huge risk to have stroke. Ischaemic attack can happen to everyone and I don't know is there anyway to prevent it. Actually, I remember that my godfather had this attack and when I asked him how to prevent it, he told me that there is no chance for it. So, i believe that this is quite impossible but if you do know something, let me know. Thank you.

Hey. Is there any possibility that Transient ischaemic attack can be caused by the stress? One older lady from my neighbor told me that this can happen. According to her words, her soon was really stressed when he came back from the war and that was the main reason and cause of transient ischaemic attack in his case. I believe that there was no way to prevent it, right? She also mentioned that this attack can be prevented with some good diet program but I don't think so. Somehow I think that who is mentioned to have it, he is going to have it. 

That is so not true. The main true is that there are several ways to prevent TIA. And you know what the best way is? Well, the best way to help prevent a TIA is to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly on the daily basis and avoid smoking and drinking too much alcohol. These lifestyle changes are small but they can reduce your risk of problems such asatherosclerosis, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels, all of that general can and will lead to TIAs.

If you have already had a TIA, making these changes can help to reduce your risk of having a full stroke or another TIA in the future.

Hey. I agree with you. That is just what I have told you. Diet program is almost the main clue in every lifestyle change. You need to know that an unhealthy diet can increase your chances of having a TIA or stroke and the main reason is because it may lead to an increase in your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. On the other side, low-fat, high - fibre diet is usually recommended by the nutritionists, doctors, etc, and those diet program usually include plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, even five portions a day and whole grains, of course. Ensuring a balance in your diet is important.