Hi, my wife has a problem that makes her very irritable and nervous. She has a constant ringing in her ears and she hears some very disturbing noises. A doctor told her that it’s tinnitus. How can she cure it?

Hello, my head noises started six years ago, and still last. However, they are not severe as before, but I’m not cured either. I went to a doctor one year after my symptoms started, and he diagnosed me with tinnitus. I was going on therapy, when they taught me how to do concentration and relaxation exercises. It was important to learn how to reduce the intensity of tinnitus. I had especially difficult times when it was silence all around me. Then I could hear all the ringing and annoying sounds in my head. In these situations, I would put a clock near to my head to hear ticking, or turn music on.