i am an 18 year old female. ive been shaving my pubic area for months, maybe even a year, and recently i have noticed tiny scattered red bumps on the pubic region. they are not on my thighs, just where pubic hair grows. i havent shaved there in a week or two. today i also noticed what looked exactly like a few TINY pimples- they are very small- a red bump with a white head. i had another one like it a few days to a week ago. . the red bumps seem to be at the base of the hair follicles for the most part, but they are all over the pubic area- localized mostly in the center and spreading outward. it doesnt itch consistently, but it does a little bit every now and then. also if i press against the area the hairs are irritating and poky, and if i scratch it it does itch a little. i am really nervous about this adn would appreciate some feedback! its been 2-3 months since i last had sex. it was protected sex and my partner had not been sexually active for quite some time and had also been very recently checked for STDS and was clean. i had been checked for STDS as well and was told i might have a UTI. is this a symptom related to UTI or a yeast infection? could it be from shaving even though i havent shaved in a week? please help! i am very anxious... all possibilites would be appreciated, i just hope its anything but an std....

This is most likely folliculitis. it is infection and inflammation of the ingrown hairs. it makes no difference that you didn't shave for a week. They are itchy, look like tiny pimples and can be squeezed easily. they go away on their own in a few days' time and there is nothing you should be applying. You could avoid touching and poking and they will go away real soon.

theres nothing to worry about
you just stopped shaving and the hairs began to grow in
and irritated the skin

:]]

Im the exact same only ive been told if you use the same blade tomany times it could be a dirty blade they are nothin to worry about and should clear up within 2 to 3 days

i am a male, i am 18 years old, last night i lost my virginity, also the night before last i shaved my pubic hair for the first time ever, today there are about 50 small little red spots that look like ingrown hairs, is this waht this is or could it be an std, i dont know if it makes a difference but we practiced safe sex please get back to me, i dont have the money to get an std test unless i really need to

I have the same problem and everyone that is saying it will clear in 2 or 3 days you are lying to this poor girl. I have had these bumps for over a month now and I went to my doctor to see what he thought about them and he said that it is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is just keep the area from being dry. My doctor told me that it was just irritated and dry and to apply lotion or something like that on it to keep it from drying out and that it would take some time and it would clear up. No it will not go away in 2 or 3 days like everyone else is saying. Like I said I have had mine for over a month now. Now as for the dude that just lost his virginity.... its about time and no you don't have anything. You shaved for the first time and didn't apply anything afterward so the area is just irritated and razor burn. It happens and is nothing to worry about. That will go away in a couple days so don't worry. I hope that this helped the both of you.

I had sex last night and today i notice while showering i had red bumps on my penis like irretation of a ingrown hair but its in multiple spots on the top of my penis.... is this cause of concern or is it just caused by friction?

I am 18 years old and i had sex last night and now i have red bumps around my penis and a few on my penis but not on the head of my penis. i have had some come up and go away after some time but this time it is the worst ive seen it. I am very nervous and dnt kno wut to do. It doesnt itch bad thou. Just red bumps . please help

This happened to me once. It started out as what appeared to be ingrown hairs. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it for a while and it spread despite the antibiotic. It spread throughout the pubic hair region n started to blister. I had to go to a family doctor to get oral antibiotics and he gave me cream as well. It took about a week after I started the oral medicine to clear up. Idk why it didn't clear up while using the ointment the first time? I used it for almost a month until it was too painful to not see a doctor.

I have the same thing under my arms...in my armpit. I finally asked my doctor what it was and she said it was, in fact, folliculitis. My hair folicles were getting infected and that the only way for it to go away was with these pills. I take Cephalaxin and it helps everytime i take it. She said that I should take it for 1-2 wks and it should clear up but mine didn't. When i stop taking the pills, they come back. But...this medicine really does work.

Hi, im only 14 and i shaved my pubic area for the first time. After then ive had red bumps and some of them look like pimples some times, all over my pubic are. I have not had sex yet and nobody else in my family has this. They've been there for about 5 months now.

ok i am 18...male...sexually active...1 partner...unprotected...and have never shaved my pubic hair... the other day i noticed red dotsabove my pubic hair. they are mostly right above the hair but they do spread out to the sides and a few go up to my belly button. they have been there for a couple days...at least thats how long ago i noticed them...please if anyone has any information at all please let me know asap...i dont want to give anything to my gf

o btw...i am same poster as above...they do not itch or irritate at all

I am 17 yrs old, And my partner and I are sexually active, but we havent done anything that bad. Mostly just feeling each other up. But im starting to notice small red bumps under my sack... It itches, but occasionally goes away. but comes back when ever it wants... please help! Dont know what to do.

yam i am 13, male and shaved my pubes for the first time 2 days ago and now there are tiny red pimples all around there, i am sexually active and i am wondering if it is an STD or anything?? i use a condom and when i shaved down there i shaved the way the hair was growing and then back the opposite way.... i think maybe it is just because my skin is irritated because i went the opposite way... any answers?????