For the last few months I have been experiencing prolonged periods that would last between 10 and 12 days. They would be really heavy at first and I would lose a lot of blood and I get really tired after my periods and I have been dizzy and have problems breathing from time to time. I also have problems concentrating at times. I am really worried that became anemic because of these prolonged periods. I am 31 and have never been pregnant. What should I do?

Well, some of your symptoms do remind of anemia but I am also worried about your prolonged periods. This kind of bleeding is not normal. Have you seen a doctor about it? Do you have any other problems related to your periods? Do you have problems with thyroid gland? I think you should have it checked because there are many underlying diseases that could be interfering with your menstrual cycle as well as causing other problems and you are not even aware of it. You could be also experiencing hormonal imbalance and should certainly have a blood test done to check on your hormonal levels. Considering you are at the childbearing age, you are most likely to develop some of the uterine or vaginal growths that could be causing similar symptoms as well. These growths are benign most of the time but could cause problems like yours. I am sure that solving an underlying problem would also solve your problems with anemia. See a doctor!