I had my tonsils out May 25, and it is now October 13 and my sense of taste is still lousy. I like to think that I'm making tiny, incremental improvements. But I'm really beginning to worry that this change is permanent. I can hardly taste sweets. The doctor said that the clamp that they use during the surgery could have "bruised" the nerves involved in taste. But he said that it should eventually get better... I'm really wondering now if it was the right decision for me to have my tonsils removed. Losing your sense of taste is a pretty high price to pay. I keep praying for some improvement.

Prayers to you too........Im in the same boat and think the same way, what a high price, id rather have the annoying lump in the throat than no taste. Its been 5 months for me and i think its gone for good.......I just pray thanks for the rest of my health and try to be grateful but its so hard as most peole dont have an inkling of how depressing it is to taste nothing for so long with the knowledge it could be forever.

Justin :'(

I'm in the same boat and it's been 7 months! Did your taste come back finally?

I am on same problem did yo taste come back

Pls tell me how long it took for the taste buds to come back?