I can eat pretty much anything I want now since my successful tonsillectomy. Anyway's, my wife brings me home a sandwich from Burger King tonight. I eat a few bites of it, but can't taste it. Now I did eat some of her french fries and I could taste them, but not the sandwich itself. The other night I ate small pieces of bbq chicken, and the night before that I ate small pieces of roast beef, gravy, and some corn .. and could taste that. Do you think it might have been just the sandwich itself or can you lose your taste buds after the surgery. I was doing fine with the tasting until tonight.

Thanks..
Justin

Well I see ur post is a month old but I believe the answer is yes. I lost my taste after my surgery which I am hoping will not last too much longer.......I miss my food. Well seeing that ur post is a month old I am hoping that you can tell me whether or not ur taste has returned and if so how long was it not functioning. My surgery was 3 weeks ago and my taste has not returned yet and I am very depressed but still looking for some hope.
Thanks
T

I had a tonsilectomy four and half weeks ago and still can not taste things. Diet Coke is the worst because it is really bitter. The same with most other sweet things...

I had my surgery March 15th and still have no tatse buds. evry thing has such a bland flavor to me. I see these post are not recent but would like to know if any one has their taste buds back working properly. I also have a problem with my voice it get very froggy. The doctors told me I have to see a speach therapist for this. I talk and some times I feel like I am about to choke. If any one can give me any answersw it will be so helpful. Thank you.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/Post_tonsillectomy___taste_disorder_SOLVED_possibly_t227412.html