I am a 40 year old female who had a tonsillectomy yesterday. All went well with the procedure, and my throat pain is moderate. However I feel like I have been hit by a truck. My body is so sore, I can barely move. My arms, abdominals and legs are so sore I am almost to the point where I can't get up on my own. Is this normal? Someone told me it was due to the anesthetic the doctor used to put me to sleep. I am curious. I was not expecting my body to be more sore than my throat. Help!

hey guys, i am 27 female i got my surgery done on 20/09/2010 and its been 4th day. I am in huge pain i hate this experience i am super depressed and on top of everything i broke with my bf of 6 years. Anyways, the 1st 2 days were somewhat ok, the 3rd day was painfull, now today is horrible. I stoped the strong pain killers med bcuz they making me dizzy and i am only taking advils and tylenols (they dont help as much but at least i dont sweat and feel like vomiting all the time) I really found it helpfull all of the messages posted here, i felt like i am not alone and this recovery made me super depressed coz i cant eat S**t and i cant even swallow properly. i am super scared for scabs so i am trying to drink more liquids and garglin salt water accually helps. Well, if this takes not to have tonssilitis anymore i guess that what i had to do, nothing comes easily in this life, if u want to have something u gotta work hard and suffer :-( anyways i wish u all the best and god bless you all!