Okay so I'm on day 6 almost on day 7 . Omfg the pain is so f*****g unbareable!!!! I hate that I did this to myself. I'm 16 and I had abnormally big tonsils and they had to get removed Day one : I felt greaaat thought it was gonna be an easy road . Ate tons of icecream and had lots of chocolate milk. Day 2 : the pain started to hit laid in bed most of that day Days 3-4 : the most excushiating pain I've ever went through. Drooled all over any pillow I slept on and ran out of pain medicine! Felt like I was dieing and to add on the ear pains went crazy . I have sensitve ears so it hurt more than it should

Hell kezia.  I have heard how a tonsillectomy can be a very pain post-operative period!  You can try cold compresses around your neck close to the upper throat area to keep the swelling down.  If you have the swelling under control, you can try warm compresses to soothe the pain.  If you can, take some ibuprofen, liquid-form if you have to, and take as much as 800 mg at a time every 6 hours to help with the pain.  Keep your head elevated so it keeps the swelling down and pain under control.  Keep drinking and eating the cold stuff until your pain lessens.  It is a hard road ahead, but it will get better soon. 

Has anyone else have a tonsillectomy?  What did you do to help relieve the pain?

29yr old male .. im on day two of tonsillectomy.  I had them removed due to cyst and tonsils were big.  I had 8 months of pain due to tonsil cyst/constant sore throat so I already feel some relief.  I was prescribed liquid hydrocodon-acetamin 7.5-325/15 taking 20ml every 4 hrs .. with 800mg ibuprofen.  I've been pretty ok so far can't talk and feel like i have stitches in throat.  ate noodle soup first day, and today.  berry juice burns, i have severe hiccups and heart burn, hydrocodone may be giving acid relux/hiccups also.  called doc they said drink water while bending over.... 24hrs post seems ok if u take ur meds correctly .. starting to feel a lil feverish.  not a chance ill be able to work before 7-10 days i'm sure its gunna get worse.

vanilla, chocolate, strawberry cream ice cream are all fine. im pretty sure sherbert would burn or make acid reflux/hiccups worse. set an alarm at night to take meds every 4 hrs. u dont want it to wear off!! USE IBUPROFREN 800MG for adults for inbetween main pain med dose. Best of luck!!