I am a 15 year old female and i got my tonsils out yesterday, June 18 2012.  I feel like I may be recovering too well- as to all the responses here sound very serious.  When I woke up from the surgery, I immediately could drink juice and water, no nausea or anything, just a little bit dizzy. Right when i arrived home I was able to eat soft pasta and scrambled eggs- I was really hungry.  Only problems so far are really swollen uvula, inability to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time, and of course, very sore throat.  I'm also a little gassy (gross) and am a little backed up.  Is this normal? Anything recommended I do? When will I start feeling better?

I got mine out on June 15th, The first two days were fine for me with very little pain. I was able to chew soft things and swallow fine. Day 3 brought the worst pain and it hasnt stopped since. Swallowing even water now is extremely painful.