Been following all the Tonsillectomy threads and tomorrow is my turn :-(
Going into Colchester General 0700hrs.
Let you know how it goes. Looking forward to a speedy recovery 8-|

Hey GOOD LUCK BRO!

It will be two weeks for me tomorrow. I look foward to reading about your experience and speedy recovery. You can also visit and read about my experience thru this thing.

Hang in there. It will get better.

Well I survived the op :-)
Op took about an hour I think. Came round feeling very spaced out, quite a nice feeling actually, throat was fairly painful. Surgeon explained that my tonsils had a lot of scaring and had taken a bit of work to get out. Required stitches after and lost some blood.

Taken to recovery ward and was kept on oxigen, a drip and painkillers every 4 hours. Remembering advise from this forum I immediately started drinking lots and eating as much as I could.

Pain was not horrendous, no worse than bad tonsillitus so far. Certainly not as bad as I had feared having read some of the posts here. Maybe it will get worse.

Now I am at home, wife is in full pampering mode :-) and at present it beats working. Will keep you updated.

Hey Plivez good to hear you're ok so far! Good luck with it. How is Male 40 doing???

PLIVEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything is going ok with you.
Hey, your wife is fulfilling the ol' "in sickness and in health'' vow, so take the pampering - your gonna need it.

Stay in touch and drink - drink - drink!

Cheers Guys!

Now day 3 post op. Pain slightly worse this morning, but once I popped another Dihydrocodeine it was sorted. These pills are incredible.

So I am still waiting for the nightmare, will I get away with it :-)

Poor nights sleep last night. Felt a bit sick and constipated.
Also felt quite cold and had a very slight temperature.

Felt much better this morning, the pain has increased a bit. Still doing my best to drink and eat as much as possible.

I am convinced that more pain is suffered by those that do not make the effort to eat as much as possible. The food passing over the wounds must help to ease the situation.

The pain killers DF118 are very good, cannpt imagine life without those at the moment.

So the pain has increased, but still not as bad as I feared.

Hang in there buddy.

Your insight is correct about the necessity of one's ability to comsume fluids and solids during their recovery. Its more like exercise for your throat muscles - that process of swallowing.

Also I would add is the skill of your surgeon and of course the age of the patient.

A steady handed surgeon can cut down on alot of that collateral damage when they excise those Tonsils and Adenoids.

As far as my own recovery, I believe I'm nearing the end of this journey. I still have throat pain, but its nothing more then a moderate sore throat. I'm no longer on any pain meds, and I just about eat anything I want.

My taste buds are still a little funky and the very back of my tongue still have slight trouble (collateral damage)- causing a slight few improper vowel sounds, but for the most part I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Just in time for Thanksgiving! :-D

Day 7 and my throat is becoming more painful. Also get the feeling I want to be sick, but haven't yet. I think it is caused by the fleshy wound dangling down the back of my mouth.

A bit tired of it all now. Still not as bad as had feared.

On the pain scale worse than tonsillitus, but not as bad as hitting my thumb with a hammer XD

Hey plivez.

Glad to hear that your still hanging in there.
It's something like post op day # 23 for me. Throat only slightly irrated, but can eat anything I want with no problems.

Taste have pretty much returned and don't really have any physical problems other then yawning. Yawning can still be a little uncomfortable.

Had my check up from my ENT this past Monday and he said everything looks good on my part. I'm around 90% healed.

And I can not BEGIN to tell you how much I enjoyed Thanksgiving this past Thursday. Ah food, lovely food!

Anyway, I hope your keep your pain under control and avoid alot of the pitfalls many of us fall prey to after this proceedure. And in case I don't speak with you again. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!