in the past two years i have had two thorasic decompressions done to help my case of tos i should be improving instead i now have similar symptoms in my legs and worse in my arms i have researchered all i can to see if i was misdyagnosed and have a different medical problem i don't know whats wrong with me and neither do my surgons any insight or idea's would help thank you

Hi! I was diagnose with TOS some time after I had a car accident and suffered from a trauma to the upper chest area.
I was having panic attacks when my hands and arms would turn blue and when the heaviness and tingling would start. Then the devastating inability to move my neck. Grrr…I still hate to remember what I was going through.
I was taking pain killers, was prescribed a diet (imagine being on diet with such symptoms) and had physical therapy. I talked to the doc about the surgery. He said it is often performed with good results but I wanted to wait a little bit ( although my troubles were huge) to see if the physical therapy would work.

I still fear of recurrence as I heard it happens often. I exercise regularly and pay attention to my posture all the time.
I can’t relate to your leg problems because I didn’t have any. Are the doc having the slightest possible ideas?

I have TOS also. Mine started with pain in the chest & neck. Last Feb. I had 2 discs replaced in my neck & a plate put in. I thought I was doing better then did a 180. I went through all kinds of xrays, tests & finally 2 more myelograms before my neurosurgeon decided I had TOS. I have constant pain in my chest, neck, upper back & both arms. Also numbness & tingling in both arms. I'm continuously exhausted because I don't sleep well. I toss & turn every few minutes because it hurts so much to lay. I went through therapy for almost a yr. That would help relieve some of the pain temporarily but no fix by any means. I have continued to get worse. I have an appt. the 28th with my vascular dr. to schedule surgery. I am TERRIFIED! I am afraid of the surgery itself, the risks and the possibility of both permanent nerve damage & future problems & more surgeries. I can't take the pain anymore, it's ruining my life. I too lost my job over this. I'm struggling terribly physically & financially. I just don't know what to do.