Hi, my wife started complaining recently on joint pain and limited hip motion. It was getting worse, so she visited a doctor. It turned out that she has the first signs of transient osteoporosis. What can she expect in the future? Can this condition be cured?

I suffered from transient osteoporosis, and it resolved on its own within eight months. It was terrible in the first few months, but then it suddenly started reducing. I knew there was something wrong with me when I my buttock wouldn’t stop hurting. I went to doctor, and she didn’t know immediately what was wrong with me, so she eliminate all the other possible causes of the hip pain. She sent me to MRI to be sure, and then she could finally diagnose me with transient osteoporosis of the hip. She told me that transient osteoporosis usually passes on its own, and that my therapy should be about preventing any bone damage in that period. She prescribed me a mild pain reliever, and told me to rest. When I had to walk, I used aids like crutches and cane.