Hi. My name is Paola and I am 31 years old. Sorry for my bad English, I am not from yours language area. But I will try to explain my situation the best way I can. OK, I had transient ischaemic attack almost one month ago. At the first couple of days I believed that side - effects and my current condition is normal. But now, almost one month latter, I don't see any signs of recovery. And I am worried. My doctor told me that recovery process can last for very long, but I am still scared. What is usual recovery period from TIA?

Hi there.

Transient ischaemic attack is small, minor stroke and symptoms are the same like for every stroke. The recovery is quick. But of course, the mainstay of the treatment following acute recovery from a TIA depends on the underlying cause. It is not always immediately possible to tell the difference between a CVA(stroke) and a TIA. And I do know a lot of people who have recovered pretty fast, but some of the patients didn't. Like I already told you generally without some complications, recovery is quick. My friend recovered in 4 weeks.

Good luck with your condition. 

Hello there girls. Paola, I can say from my own experience because I have been through similar things and a situation like you have. Mini strokes symptoms in women usually include blurred visions, numbness of feet and arms, headaches. I know because I have experienced this as well. When it comes to recovery, it can be different. It is different. I was at home and my recovery process lasted for two months. My doctor told me that this could happen even faster but I was scared and when I had some smaller pain I was scared. It depends on how this attack was strong and it also depends on your will to recover. 

Hey there. Although the symptoms of a TIA resolve in a few minutes or hours, you will definitely need treatment to help prevent another TIA or a full stroke happening in the future.

Your treatment will depend on your doctor, and your individual circumstances, such as your age and medical history, but I believe that you already know this.

I am sure that your doctor will give you some tips about lifestyle changes that you can make to reduce your stroke risk in addition to being offered medication to treat the underlying cause of your TIA.

In some cases surgery is needed. But the recovery period will depend on your health generally.

Hi everyone. It all depends. I can tell you what has happened to me. I had this as well and like many other patients I was sure that I had heart attack. When my doctor told me that I had transient ischaemic attack I didn't know what this was, but he explained to me. It is nothing that serious but of course you need to treat it. I recovered pretty fast but only thanks to my doctor who helped me with good cardiac rehab and good medicines. I think that I was in hospital for 2 weeks and after almost a month and a half I got back to my ordinary activities. Good luck.