Hello. I'm 17 year old female and I have some delicate questions. You see, I'm very lucky because I didn’t have any problems with skin acne like almost all my friends have. Well, I wish I could say this now.
The thing is that I have developed this problem on really weird place- under my armpits. This is very embarrassing and represents a big problem for me. I really don’t know what it is from, but like I already said- I don’t have acne anywhere else besides my armpit. I'm very careful when I'm shaving this area and I'm almost positive that this isn’t caused by some unprofessional shaving. I'm afraid to wear tank tops and swimming suits because of this.
Please help me with some information!

Hello. I have just read your post and I'm really sorry that you have developed this skin problem. You see, you should know that you are not alone with it because many young teenagers are having problems with armpit acne. I believe you have developed one disorder called Hidradenitis Suppurativa or Acne Inversa. It is a debilitating form of inflammation that is occurring in your armpit. Till recently, nobody knew a lot about this disorder but lately it is discovered that the problem centers on sweat or apocrine glands, and is influenced by hormones. That’s why many people develop it entering theirs puberty.
The biggest problem with this skin disorder is that Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a chronic and remitting condition. Antibiotics, hot compresses and analgesics should help!

i have the same problem and its hard to deel with and very embrassing but i deel with it. is there any thing to take for it like meds...? :O

My daughter has suffered with underarm acne for about 15 years and we have had no luck with getting any answers or help until recently. She was sent to a dermatologist for her problem and is now taking antibiotics and using a topical lotion to help the problem.

Unfortunately, it does still flare up and she has underarm cysts along with the condition that are very painful. I've been told by the doctor that many patients who suffer with this condition have type 2 diabetes so you may want to get tested.

If you are overweight it may also make it worse.

I hope this information helps some of you. I am certainly not a doctor so you should contact your doctor with the information and they can make the decision for you.

Good luck to all and god bless! :-D

Armpit acne is could be some kind of skin problem. I have it, I can't remember the name my dermatologist gave it. I have scar tissue because of it now and mine is permanent. I would go to the dermatologist asap and stop using deodorant if i were you. Use a salt stick instead