After experiencing strong vaginal discharge and itching, I went to a gynecologist to check it. I thought I had yeast infection due to antibiotic intake, and I knew I didn’t have any STD, because I haven’t had sex in a while. My gynecologist informed me I had Trichamonous-an STD. How weird is that? She told me it is one of the most common STDs but I was wondering if there was a way I contracted it another way? Thank you

When I was diagnosed with Trichamonous, I did a little research. Although I knew where I contracted mine, I still did a bit of reading. I found out that it was rare but still possible to get it through soiled towels. Have you been tested twice? I also read that no diagnostic test is 100% accurate and that mistakes can occur.

well i am a doctor and i believe that if you restrain yourself from sexual intercourse for 10 years and the disease should cease