Hi! My name is Ashley. I am 36 year old. I married for 3 years. I am trying to conceive for 2 years. I am worried because two years are long time. I am afraid that something is wrong. My husband think that everything is fine and that we will succeed one day. I do not want to wait. I am worried and about my years. I can get at risky age. Me and my husband are smokers. We both smoke for a very long time. I would like to know can it be a cause for infertility? I am ready to quit smoking. Especially if it is something that stops me in getting pregnant. I really want to have a child.

Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that you want to stop smoking. Quitting may be one of the best things you can do for your health and for your fertility. Smokers are more likely to have fertility problems than nonsmokers. If you smoke for many years, or smoke many cigarettes per day, your risk for fertility problems is increased. When you smoke, more than 7000 chemicals spread throughout your entire body and all of your organs. In addition, smokers that try fertility treatments tend to take longer to get pregnant. Smokers are also more likely to give birth to babies with health problems. Smokers are more likely to suffer from miscarriage than nonsmokers. In addition, smoking increases several health risks during pregnancy, such as preterm labor and ectopic pregnancy. If you are trying to get pregnant without success and your partner smokes, encourage him to quit. The sooner he quits, the sooner you may be able to conceive. I think I gave you many reasons for quit smoking. Even though you must see a doctor. Try to found out what is the exact reason for not getting pregnant.

I agree with MelissaA. Fertility often improves for women after they stop smoking. Female smokers can increase their chances of conceiving by quitting at least two months before trying to get pregnant. Smoking can lead to fertility problems, including ovulation problems,genetic issues,damage to your reproductive organs,damage to your eggs or premature menopause,increased risk of cancer and increased risk of miscarriage. Men that smoke cigarettes are at an increased risk for the following: lower sperm count and sperm motility problems, hormonal issues,erectile dysfunction. Smokers that try fertility treatments tend to take longer to get pregnant. If you do test and they show that you are infertile and you decide to go for a treatment you have a less chance to succeed. I hope that you will really quit smoking. And off course that you will convince your husband to do the same. You will be healthy. And you will have more money. Try really hard. I know that this is probably hard for someone who is smoking for a long time. But you know why are you doing that. That is why it should be easier.

Thank you ladies. I am now sure in my decision. If my husband will not listen to me I will show him this posts. I believe I have enough strength for quitting. Probably because of the reason for quitting. You explained me details. I believe that anyone will decide to quit after he read this. Thank you Mariah for the information. It's very good to know that such clinic exist. It's good to have more then one options. That would influence on me to be calm. I am going to convince my husband to quit smoking. Then I must convince him to go with me to the doctor. If the results of test shows that one of us is infertile I will try with infertility clinic. Something will work, it must.