Hi im 18 and my boyfriend and i would like to have a baby... I was on the pill for just over a year and i was wondering when could we start trying... Also is it normal to bleed straight away after stopping the pill?

It’s not uncommon at all to bleed after you stop taking birth control pill because you are going through some sort of withdrawal from the additional hormones your body was receiving while you were on the pill. As far as getting pregnant is concerned, you should start to ovulate few weeks after you stop taking the pill, so your period should came about four to six weeks after you take the last pill. And as soon as you’ve started ovulating and having regular periods you can get pregnant. Your chances of staying pregnant are, of course, higher if you have sex during your ovulation which happens for some 2-3 days in the middle between your two periods.