I have read a study about reversing diabetes.... it pretty interesting.  It claims that by eating 600 calories a day for a two month period, that diabetes could be reversed.  The people consumed diet drink and non-starchy vegetables.  The study believes that this removes fat from around the pancreas.   I don't know much more about it but it sounds intriguing.  It would be hard to eat veggies and diet cola for that long of a time.  Eating like a rabbit.  I have to have my meat too.  Does this kind of diet really reverse diabetes and is it safe?

This type of diet was started by a group of scientists who wanted to see if a 600 calorie diet could reverse diabetes.  They found that 7 out of 11 group participants did show improvement in their blood sugar levels.  I believe this diet would need to have constant medical intervention because of the extreme lack of calories for a person to live on.  What the study doesn't say is that if the participants kept their weight off for any length of time.  I anticipate that all the participants gained their weight back if they resumed normal eating.  It would be interesting to know that knowledge. 

I would love to try this diet out just because I am diabetic and plus I cannot lose weight to save my soul.  Does anyone know what they ate?  Just vegetables and diet soda?  I imagine if you ate a lot of lettuce and cabbage, you could eat a lot and not be hungry.  I wonder if they took a multivitamin as well?  I don’t know if you have heard of it, but there is a fat burning soup diet that is all vegetables,  I can see that a person could eat the vegetables as a soup for this diet?