Hello, everyone.  Has anyone heard of the diet where you eat just 600 calories a day to reverse your type 2 diabetes???  I am looking into this and I want to lose a lot of weight also.  I think if you lose weight and get down to size, like a normal size, you can cure diabetes and not have to watch what you eat all the time and you can live a normal life again.  I was thinking of doing some shakes that have a lot of vitamins and everything so that I would at least get my nutrition.  Medifast and Optifast has shakes but Optifast I think you have to get a doctor's prescription or something.  Oprah lost a lot of weight on that.  Medifast you can order off of their website without needing a doctor's approval.  I am thinking that, or just some shakes that Walmart or GNC carries.  Whichever is cheaper, so has anyone lost weight and got rid of their diabetes?  How long did it take you? 

This is false information. However you can reverse diabetes. By changing your eating habits to a vegan lifestyle for at least 12 weeks. Also doing the paleontology diet for 30 days will help tremendously too. But over all it has to become a lifestyle change not just a diet. Eliminate processed foods. Sugars. High fructose corn syrup & red meat & white base flours from your diet & that will save a bunch!

Hello, Guest. This diet would be dangerous for you as a diabetic and for anyone for that matter. It will NOT reverse diabetes, and unfortunately, once you have diabetes, you cannot cure it. You can only manage it by controlling the blood sugars through diet and exercise, and in some cases, medication and/or insulin. I would discourage you from going on a low-calorie diet also because of your carbohydrate needs. A 600-calorie diet would not supply the carbs and other essential nutrients you need. You may cause your diabetic condition to worsen. You should lose weight by following the diet that your doctor and/or dietician prescribed. This will also entail adding activity to your lifestyle. It doesn't have to be anything strenuous. A walk around the block to start with is a good way to begin if you haven't exercised in a long time.

Has any forum readers gone on a 600-calorie diet and if so, what were the problems associated with it?