I can't understand why it happened to me...i just had citi scan last march 8 and ultra sound march 26 and found out that there are clips in my bladder...I had gallstones surgery maybe 18 yrs ago and now suffering pain inside my stomach and backache...Aside from other findings,,this is horrifying to me knowing that doctors are very careful in doing such surgery like this..Why did the doc forgot to take this out those clips?  And I am the one suffering now...I don't know if the doctor who did the surgery is still around and who to confront  about this issue.Pls. Help me..

I've been researching online about gallbladder surgery since I may be needing to have my gallbladder out. It seems that metal surgical clips are often used by surgeons in the gallbladder removal procedure, the purpose of them is to close off the blood vessels and duct to prevent internal leakage and bleeding after the gallbladder has been removed. These tiny clips are permanently left inside the body. Apparently, many surgeons consider this to be such a routine part of the procedure that they never mention to the patient that these clips are going to be used, which in my opinion is crazy! There are some other alternatives to the use of these clips but they are commonly used. Yes, the clips can occasionally cause complications such as coming loose and migrating to other parts of the body. Also, some people are allergic to certain types of metals, and it's possible to have an inflammatory reaction to metal implants. In cases of people whose pain was caused by an allergic reaction to a metal implant, the pain resolved when the implant was removed. To find out if you are allergic to metals, you can take a blood test called the MELISA test. I think it should be routine for surgeons to test patients beforehand for metal allergies before they use any type of metal surgical clips or implants in a procedure, not to mention that they should inform their patients in the first place that they are going to be using these devices! It may be no big deal to THEM, but the patient should have the right to know about all the details of the surgery. If the old clips are causing you problems, and if they've moved from the spot they were originally intended to be, you might be able to get them removed. This is what I've learned from some searching on the internet, but do your own research.