Hello, I am female, 48 years of age. I have my gallbladder removed six months ago, and I know that there are many of you who had your gall bladder removed so I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. After I had the surgery pain became much worse and it was then that I discovered I am gluten/casein intolerant. The pain often goes through and into my back and then I have to find a bathroom in 3 minutes or less. It is just feeling of urgency. I believe that it is connected with my surgery, but I just can find right answer. Is this symptom of gluten intolerance?

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed too even though there were no gallstones. I had same symptoms. I have major sinus problems since removing my gallbladder that I never had before. I am really unhappy that I had surgery and some days I want it back. But, I do think that since ours weren't functioning properly they were only helping us. Even though not as helpful as it should have been, couldn't really be setting us back all that much because it wasn't helping us all that much.

I had my gall bladder taken out when I was 18. Im 22 now and STILL have the problems I was having before. The final Gall bladder attack I had before I had mine out lasted for 9 hours! After I had the surgery I my belly button was finally starting to go down because it had been so swollen so of course like any 18 year old I played with my belly button, upon doing that I found 2 staples that his nurses had left in my belly button and by then the other staples had been out for almost 2 weeks! Even now 4 years later I still get severe attacks. This morning I had one so bad that it hurts to breath in, but whenever I go to the doctors and ER (which I've been to about 12 times since the surgery) They always say it's some sort of "arthritis" that women get... Right..... Anyways I would definitely go have it checked out because maybe some doctors out there actually have some common sense.

I am 36 and I had open surgery to have it removed. I am still in a lot of pain on my upper right. I don't think it is normal at all. I know it takes about a year for your inside to fully heal but this is very uncomfortable. :(

I had my gallbladder removed when i was sixteen. it was back in september. its VERY rare that kids have to get it removed, but mine was twisted so i started getting gallstones. most people only get a few, my entire gallbladder was completley covered. i was having SEVERE attacks that lasted 24 hours, and i would puke up everything, inclusing bial. i lost eleven ounds in one day from so much puking. it was the worst pain i ever experienced. all the doctors kept saying, what that it was jsut a flu or something. WRONG! after i puked up bial they finally sent me for tons of tests, blood work(tons), untra sounds, ect. they finally found out what was wrong. IF YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU ITS NOTHING, GET A SECOND OPINION! they told me if i would have had one more attack that i would hav developed gang green, and most likely wouldnt have made it. so make sure you get checked!

the surgery itsself isnt too bad. your really sore the next day, but then they give you pain killers and your fine. they tell ya, youll be up and around to days later, but it took me about five. you dont get complete control of your muscles back for about three months though.

i still get what they call "phantom attacks" occasionally which is just a way more mild pain like the regular attacks. they hurt, but nothing compared to actual attacks.

I had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago, still get attacks occasionally which double me up.
Sick with it as well the only cure i`v found is to eat something the best thing is chocolate.

I am 28 and a mother of 2..I had my gallbladder in April of 2010 i felt like a million bucks for the first few months but since Oct-Nov time i have been having this dull pain centered under my rib cage. I'm not sure if it's related to my gallbladder being gone or what it is...So please tell me if anyone else is having this...

I had my gallbladder removed when i was 16. I am now 24 and still have sever attacks, and have been in the ER many times. I am seeing a specialist that thinks i may still have stones, but my question is, with no gallbladder, how do i have stones? I even had a second surgery about 4 months after the original one, to enlarge my common bile duct because they assumed some stones had been left behind. I hate having this pain, it is identical to what i was feeling before they removed the gallbladder. So what am i supposed to do now?

I decided to do some research on what patients have to say towards a gallbladder removed . My mom just got operated three days ago and now she is back in the hospital because the pain has came back ; although, I am really concern on what she might have im 16 years old and my mom is about to turn 43 in a couple of months.I just don't understand why does the pain come back after the surgery , isn't that the reason why is crucial to get operated . I admire Doctors but i seriously i think that some of there alternatives they offer to cure people of retarted and no benifical of the patients , why can't they come up with treatment that is goning to remove the gallstones insteed of removing the gallbladder ,because its the gallstones that cause that horrible undescrible pain not the gallbladder . Eventhough, the gallbladder is not ital for our survival is really benifical and it doe shave a purpose, in my prespective they(some physicians) just base their desions on what more convient for them becuase a surgery is a massive amount of money . I'm just really furious that many people including my mother have to go through this situation , I'm concerned

I had my gallbladder removed in May 2008. I started having problems right before I got pregnant in July 2007 but it wasn't that bad yet, so I hadn't gone to a doctor. 2 months after finding out I was pregnant, I was in so much pain and throwing up at the end of these attacks, so I finally went to the doctor and they told me I had gallstones. They also said they couldn't do anything about them unless my gallbladder got infected. So every week to two weeks, I had to suffer these awful attacks that would always end with me puking my guts out!! After having my daughter, I had to wait another month and a half for the surgery since my c-section incision got infected and obviously they weren't going to do surgery until I was healed. They finally took it out and things were going ok for a little while. But I have been experiencing pain in the same area for awhile now, probably since a few months after my surgery. However, at that time, I just figured I was till healing or having "phantom pains", just like I was still "feeling" my daughter kick me, even though she was all ready born. ; ) I have mentioned it a few times to my doctor and he seems to "agree" with me but doesn't say much more about it.

Recently I started having more problems with it. To the point that it's waking me up at night and happening on a regular basis. I also feel sick to my stomach most of the time. I just went to the doctor last week and the subject came up again that I know I am feeling the same pains I had the first time around and it's the same thing....he just doesn't say either way if it could be that or not. I go back in 2 weeks, maybe I'll demand they do an ultrasound or something. Something has to be done, right???

Hi Everyone,

I too have had my Gallbladder removed. I am still having the pain I had prior to the removal. I have since done some research and I think it could be one of two problems. I have acid reflux and I also have a hyatis hurnia (sorry about the spelling) so I thought that was my problem. I suggest to you guys that when you have an attack to try taking "Divol AF" (Aluminum Free), it works for me. But I'm wondering if it is my pancreas? The research that I did suggested that gallstones could create pancreas problems...I'm going to be asking my Doctor about this.

Hope this helps and allows people to explore another direction of what the cause of the pain is.

Hi, My name is Ashley. I had my gallbladder removed in 1998, when I was 25 years old. I am 38 now, and I have had the WORST attacks I have ever had with or with out a gallbladder since my surgury. I was told it could be scar tissue, but, yo, this pain is killing me...as I speak. I can't take it anymore. It's hurting so bad right now. I had to google this and see if anyone else suffers as I do. I'm glad to know that I am not alone. However, if you feel the pain that I do, I feel very sorry for you. OUCH!!!!!!!!

I too am going through the same thing...dull pain right beneath my right rib cage. Kind of scares me. Did you find out anything Alisha? I know you post was over a year ago.

drochele wrote:

alisha wrote:

I had my gallbladder out in May and am having the same pain under my rib cage area. Sometimes it radiates to my side and back. My general Dr. Is referring me to a digestive disease specialist. There are so many things they said it could be but look up PCS on google. Or Post Cholecystectomy Syndrome. It's is basically a term for un identified problems after gallbladder surgery. It has many different reasons and answers for this type of problems. Hope this helps.

stephanie45344 wrote:

I had my Gall Bladder out in April of 2008. I have had the same thing, attacks like it is still there. I called my doctor's office again today & they suggested getting some Gall Badder diets to follow, because certain foods will set you off.  ***this post is edited by
moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***