Hi, I am 38 years old male and I am suffering from spinal injury for several months. I have injured my spine in car accident and since than I spent most of the time in the hospital. I had 4 different operations and after that I go on with physical therapy. Few days ago my doctor told me it would be the best to get spinal implant which would be the best solution for my condition. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, my friend also had surgery where he gets spinal implant. Implants are put to restore disc height and allow normal spine moves. Situations where the implants are used are when disk between vertebras are destroyed and need to be replaced. This is modern technique which allows patient to continue with normal life and functioning. If your doctor suggested you such option I am sure it would be the best for you.