For some time I’ve been having problems with my hand. It’s a sort of a tingling, that is sometimes followed by hand numbness. In general I feel that motor functions of my hand are weakened. My friend told me that this is some kind of ulnar nerve problem.

Well, the symptoms you described sound like ulnar nerve problem. Ulnar nerve is one of three main nerves in your hand. If it is the ulnar nerve that is causing the problem, you should be able to move your thumb, and have difficulties when you try to spread your fingers. Problems described often occur when something is pressing your nerve, like lipoma. Besides lipoma, ganglion cyst or ulnar artery aneurism, can affect motor functions of your hand. Ask your doctor about this problem, he will most likely do Tinel`s sign test. You can try to rest your hand more often, and avoid applying pressure to the ulnar nerve. If you use computer keyboard a lot, you could try changing hand position while taping, and have some arm exercises in rest. There is also operative method, but it’s only needed in more serious situations. Anyway, go see your doctor.