I'm a 22 year old male, 6"2, 170 pounds, athletic, play sports and do cardio workouts regulary. For about a year or so now I've been experiencing an annoyingly dull, and sort of a burning sensation pain in my left lower abdomen. To be more specific, it's 3 inches to the left of my belly button and about 2 inches down from there. The pain is always on the left side and never on the right or middle. It never goes away for any period of time and gets worse when I eat, or drink a lots of fluids at one time. I've also experienced what seems like a bubbling/bloating feel and sometimes I can actually hear my stomach rumbling/growling. It's very weird and freaky.

For example: If I have to urinate very badly the pain is worse, then I will urinate, and the pain will go back to it's normal level. This repeats over and over each time I have to urinate. It's specifically bad when drinking beer or alcohol, and I have to go to the washroom after EVERY beer. This never used to be the case in the past. Whenever I drink something, even a glass of water, 20 min later I'm running to the bathroom. It doesn't hurt to urinate, I just have to go a lot, and a lot usually comes out.

I also feel fatigued, like my muscles are weakened for no reason. I often feel like going to sleep early, or laying down for a nap - even though I don't want to.

Something else to note, though I don't know if it's related or not...

I've had a persistent cough for over a year and it will not go away. It's not due to a cold of flu, obviously. I cough day, evening, night - it doesn't matter, it's always there. People often comment about it, asking if I have a cold but I don't know what to tell them because I know it's not a cold. I fear it's an underlying issue of some sort, and possibly related to my above issues.

I've been to the doctor for an ultrasound, blood test, urine test and they all came back without results. I've been on several kinds of anti-botics and they've not done a thing. I'm not sure what I should try next.

I was reading a post on here about a similar issue and the person diagnosed it as 'Prostatitis'. I've read the article according to '' and it is quite accurate of my symptoms. But there are so many other things that it could be it seems almost impossible to pinpoint it. Too bad my doctor doesn't think outside the box.

Has anyone any these types of issues or have any idea what the issue could be?

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi honey! I can promise you this has NOTHING to do with your prostate! TOTALLY different area! What I do think is happening is that you have Chronic Kidney Disease! If you Google the symtpoms you will be able to see where I'm coming from! And also I would REALLY like you to get an ultrasound of your kidneys! Check the symptoms out and let me know what you think! Good luck and health!

That is an interesting theory indeed. And hopefully not a true one! lol. I've done a little research on it and it does seem to apply to most of my symptoms, but then again, a lot of other things do also. I did not even consider the possibility of CKD. Is it even possible to start having that at such a young age, and, why would it start so suddenly when I've never had any issues such as this is the past? Would an ultra-sound on that area prove useful, and is there anything else I should tell the doctor to check/do when I go?

Like I tell other people, IF you punch in all your symptoms you can come up with a 1000 different illness's!! It's crazy! But when I first started reading your post the first thing that popped into my head was "kidneys" even though your symtpoms basically match that of CKD doesn't mean you HAVE CKD, just means that this is the right direction to lead the doctors! You could have kidney stones, blockages etc. The kidney is a WONDERFUL organ and also VERY sensitive to infections or trauma! So ask for a kidney xray and ultrasound - the Xray they make you drink POOP!!! ;-) GROSS!! and then they can see your kidney's better, and with the ultraound they can see the functioning of it! So plese let me know what they say OK? Good luck honey!

Did you ever figure out what's going on? I have exactly the same symptoms. Worsened by caffeine and alcohol.

Quote:Hello i'm also having the same symptoms that your having pain on left side only gets worse when my ladders full then hursts in the same spot when i pee then goes back to the same uncomforting pain.I've had it for about 3 days but b4 in the pat i've also had the same thing happen in the past and it went away after a week or so but this time it's more painful.I dont have a doctor and would have to go to the emergancy room so its best to no were to help them look.so if you find out whats going on with you let me know.thank you.

I too have the same problem. I am 40 yr old Female, who has never had kids. 1 yr ago almost to the date after thanksgiving I had this same pain don't remember if I had the pain with urinating, but I do now.anyway I was diagnosed with a inflamed pancreatic duct. Which connects to kidneys and the gallbladder. It was relieved by diet. What do I do now