I was hoping someone on here could give me some pointers. I've visit 3 different doctor within a month to find out if something serious was going on with my lower left abdomal area. You see I've been working out now for almost a year and I've never had any kind of abdomal pain when doing crunches. On October 20 I went to the gym around 6:00 a.m. to my Hip hop class (first time doing the class by the way.) And worked out a sweat for about an hour before quiting and doing my normal routine workout. I left the gym around 10:00 a.m. and went home like I always do and watched a little television. Around 3:00 p.m. I decided to go rent some movies and watched them till 8:00 p.m. I took a short nap around this time and woke up at 10:45 took a shower and headed to work on the graveyard shift. Around 5:00 a.m. I was sitting at my desk when all of a suddent my lower abdomal muscle area started spassing out. It felt like a muscle spasum or something. Anyway I went to the doctor the first time and was told it could be acid reflux. The second time I was told I might have pulled a muscle in the abdomal area and it going to be sore for a while. I waited a week and there was no change in the disconfort in my lower area. One day it would burn and sting as if I've been stung by bees, but now the problem has gone from the lower left abdomal area to the lower left back abdomal area also. Finally I went to my doctor and demanded the find out what was wrong and was told it could be my colon. They sent me to the lab in the Hospital and drew blood and had me urinate in a cup. They said they would call me if something serious was found. Today is November 9 and I still havent heard from them yet this disconfort is still bothering me. Does anyone think it's something serious and that I should be concern or is it just a abdomal muscle pull that need some time to heal. How long should the abdomal muscle heal? Again it's not like a pain where I'm crying and can't walk or move it's just very unconfortable and I'm freaking myself out because I think it's something serious. %-)

Hey there,

Few months ago I felt almost the same. I felt pain in my left abdominal area, right under my rib cage. It was not so sharp and persistent pain. It’s more an uncomfortable feeling, like in your case. At first I though it was the muscle, but awhile later this pain become more intensive. I decided to visit my doc. His diagnosis at first was gastritis, because I told him about the spasms from time to time in my chest and back area. However, I located the pain coming under my left rib cage. I went to ultrasound and everything was regular, including my gallbladder, kidneys and stomach itself. I did the blood test for Helicobacter Pylori, but it was negative. The only thing I didn’t let examine is my colon.
No one asked me for my stool, and I told the doctor that I have a bit clay colored stool sometimes and most of the time it’s pretty pappy, but he said it could come from gastritis.
However, the doctor prescribed me Omeprazol pills and sent me to stomach CT. In next few days I felt better, so I didn’t do the CT or gastroscopy (I just hate it).

Now, almost 8 months later, I feel this pain from time to time, but it’s not intensive like before. Sometimes I have bloating stomach or pappy stool, but nothing unusual.

Anyway, I’ll check with the gastroscopy or colonoscopy once again, to be sure everything is all right. I suggest you to do the same thing. If this pain continues to bother you, visit a specialist like gastroenterologist or similar to do all test and examines to find out what is the exact problem.

Let me know when you go to the specialist, I’m just curious what could be the problem because we have a lot of similar symptoms.

Cheers!