Hi! So my last period started on April 7th, ended on the 10th/11th, and my fiancé and I had unprotected sex on the 14th. He did end up finishing inside of me. I know everything says you ovulate on day 14 of your cycle, but I was on day 8 of mine...and I know theres always a chance of pregnancy. But does anyone think I truly can be?We are hoping that I am, but I'm also nervous at the same time. It's about to be two weeks and I've been researching non-stop since that night. Should I wait to see if I miss my next period OR should I take a hpt now or in another week, to make it "three weeks" instead? Comments? help? anyone lol

Hi guest,

Not everyone ovulates on day 14.  Most women ovulate sometime between days 11 and 16 of their cycle.  Sperm can survive for about 5 days - so there is a chance.

It really all depends upon when you ovulate.  There are test kits available to determine when that happens.

You can test as early as two weeks after having sex.  If it is negative, wait the other week.  If you have a "normal" period then you aren't pregnant.

Good luck.