So, I'm 20 years old and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 11th & 12th of this month (January 2013) it so happened to be the day before ovulation & on my ovulation day, he also did cum in me both times. My periods lasts 3 days every month and are regular. but my last period was on December 31st 2012 & lasted for 5-6 days? I've been experiencing minor abdominal cramping, back ache, fatigue, nausea, constant headache, heartburn that comes and goes. I haven't experienced spotting yet, nor my boobs hurting. My nipples are sensitive and feel a little heavier than normal? Can anyone help me I've never been pregnant before and I need some answers thanks :)

Dear Jen

It sounds as though your cycle is 26 days (though you don't say so explicitly). Nevertheless, with ovulation on 12th (if it indeed did happen), the egg would only have arrived in your uterus yesterday (18th) so implantation could not have occurred before then, and likely will be 2-3 days after.

Hope this helps

I deffinally feel different than usual, I've had a couple pregnancy scares in the passed 6 months.. I've mistaken my symptoms with PMS for pregnancy. BUT I can tell there's something going on in my body.. not saying id be unhappy if I am preggers just unexpected..! I went to the store last night & got 3 pregnancy tests & some prenatal vitamins just in case.. I want my baby to be healthy and not experience a miscarriage!

Dear Jen
I would advise leaving your HPTs until 2 days after your next period is due and has not arrived.
Take care.

This morning I took one of the early pregnancy tests, since my period isn't due for four more days there's a 53% chance of a positive reading. I just took it just in case but of course its negative. I don't plan on taking another one until 2 days after my periods due.. :) thanks for your help..!

Dear Jen

Glad to help. Let me know how you get on please

Still no period.. like I said I was soposed to get my period on the 24th of (January 2013) took another test yesterday and came out to be negative.. I have one more test at home.. when should I take my last HPT?

Dear Jen,

"like I said I was soposed to get my period on the 24th" so when did you say that? If you expected your period 24th Jan, that presupposes ovulation on 10th Jan (with a 24-day cycle). That differs from your original post when you said ovulation day was 12th Jan. With ovulation on 10th Jan, sex on 11th & 12th Jan would be too late for fertilisation.

So how long is your cycle? I think you should not have taken your test until today at the earliest, on the basis of your original information. I would therefore leave your last test for another 5 days.

Well, I got some news.. I got my period yesterday 29th of January 2013.. BUT its not normal.. its really heavy.. clots all different sizes.. horrible back pain along with cramps.. I made an appointment to see my doctor today January 30 2013 to see if I had a possible early miscarriage :( ill let you know what she says..