Hello! A week ago my pap-test showed that I have cervical dysplasia. So my doc advised me to do a biopsy and ECC and leep. So what doest that means? What are these terms – leep and ECC? Thx

Hi there! I’ve done leep two times for I was diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia. my latest pap-test said that I’m clean which means my HPV is at normal level and I don’t have dysplasia. But no matter the results from now on I do my Pap every 3 months at least. I was told that it’s the leep that has removed abnormal tissue and my cervix is ok now with normal cells. Leep is a procedure that treats your abnormal cells having them removed from your cervix or wherever they’ve spread. And as for the ECC =it is also an office procedure that doesn’t takes longer than 30 minutes. ECC actually means- endocervical curettage, it is a procedure that treat the inside cervix area with sharp tool. In fact ECC makes a part of the biopsy and it helps in finding some more lesion if there are any. ECC is important for the colposcopy is not that much effective in finding laisons in the inside cervix area.