A month ago my pap-test showed abnormal results so I had leep treatment last week for I was diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia. I always felt great and this was my regular pap-test which I have once a year. So I now wonder how regular my Pap-test should be after leep. Thanks.

Hi there. I had leep too three years ago. And in the next two years I had regular Pap-test every 4 months so after serious normal Pap-tests my doc decided that I should have my paps every 10 months. And still after three years my Paps are normal. I had last one about month ago and I’m still negative on HPV and abnormal cell changes. Actually I was diagnosed just like you with severe cervical dysplasia and for that reason I was also scheduled for leep which turned out to be very effective. With that leep I got removed my abnormal tissue and in which manner the chances that those abnormal cells develop into invasive carcinoma were significantly reduced and just for the precautions you’ll also have to do your regular Pap-test at least every 4-5 month in order to reconfirm normal Pap-test.

How long did you have discharge after your surgery? I am going on 4 weeks since LEEP procedure and still having discharge and bleeding red every now and again. I also had Novasure done same time.