I was diagnosed with CIN two years ago and I had a cryotherapy. I was ok until my latest control three weeks ago when I was re-diagnosed of CIN but this time it seems that abnormal cells has spread into the cervical canal. Why CIN re-occurred and what can I do to get rid of it?

My Pap-test three years ago showed I have CIN which means the presence of abnormal cells and I was also recommended to have a cryotherapy which I did. It all was ok until 1 year ago when my Pap-test showed again the presence of abnormal cervical cells but this time I was diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia. I never expected that CIN might reoccur but obvious I was wrong. So this time I was advised to have a leep treatment which I also did. This is a procedure that treats abnormal area with energized loop that functions as a precise surgical tool. I’ve heard its effective treatment that removes abnormal tissue with minimum chances that some abnormal cells have stayed untouched beyond. And probably it is the reason that CIN has reoccurred in your case for there must be that you have some abnormal cells that stayed untouched.

LEEP can be more effective than cryotherapy, but cryotherapy is not as invasive, so soemtimes it is tried first.

It really depends on the physician.