I’ve done my Pap test two days ago and a doc told me I need to see a colposcopist. So I’d like to hear what colposcopy is and why I need to have a colposcopy exame.

Well, your Pap smear probably was positive on HPV or dysplasia or on some infection. And in order to reconfirm suspected diagnose you should go visit a colposcopist for colposcopy is actually is lighted microscopy which may notice what cannot be noted with naked eye. With colposcopy test is possible to find abnormal cells in cervix and vaginal area and depending on the abnormal cells stage it may come to a biopsy also which is suppose to register cancer cells. Colposcopist will than after exam recommend what treatment is needed to be done: ECC, Leep procedure or laser therapy or even cryosurgery what depends on what he has found out with colposcopy. Moderate and severe cervical dysplasia are usually followed by leep procedure while in case of mild cervical dysplasia no treatment is needed usually. In this case you might repeat your Pap and colposcopy within next three months and then the doc will decide which treatment to perform and that depends of the colpo results.